An innovative approach to creative writing
Over the last two-three years, working with the full support and creative sponsorship of Longford Library and Arts services, I have been pioneering an innovative approach to creative writing which has had some spectacular results.
Children, particularly reluctant or disadvantaged writers gain confidence and take pleasure in creative writing when the task is shared.
This Partnership approach to creative writing has been found to be highly effective with
- children as young as four,
- children and young people in both primary and the secondary sector,
- disadvantaged children and adults with a wide variety of special needs
- adult and children's writers groups
- children and parents working creatively together
On this site you can find out about the Describe Project, and download materials to help you to introduce the technique, in a school, in the library or in a homework club, or with your children at home.
A BOOK AND CDROM WITH FULL DOWNLOADABLE SCRIBING RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE OR DOWNLOAD STORY INSPIRATIONS DIRECT FROM THIS PAGE.