A full set of downloadable
can be found on the
Click here for
For many more
Resources for Scribing
A large number of Downloadable resources are available on the Describe CD ROM available from Longford Libary 04333 41124.
Below are a new selection of downloadable resources for Scribing. All have been tried and tested with a wide age range, 5 to 12+. They can be used both for One-to-one and Peer-group Scribing.
Each "Story Inspiration" has an introduction to help the facilitator to begin the Scribing session. Many have simple extension activities.
View In Adobe Acrobat or download zipped file for easier saving of documents
1. The Three wishes: A very special story (given in full) A good programme to start with.
2. Frog Fun: an ideal starter for Scribes working with Infant Authors.
3. Dragons: Meeting a dragon would be an adventure.
4. Go Grow! A garden may not be what it seems.
5. Hide and Seek: "One, two, miss a few" .... a playful theme.
6. The Troll Under the Bridge. Even a troll may have a point of view.
7. The Magic Umbrella. Where would you fly to?
8. Don't look behind the Sofa! Fun with a BOO factor - very popular!
9. The Flying Carpet. A Christmas theme, but easily adaptable.
10. Design a Playground. Lots of cross curricular possibilities here.
11. Wild Wind! An imaginative theme offering opportunities for descriptive writing.
12. The Snowman: Snowman stories are always popular
13. Magic Book: Lots of follow up possibilities
14. Tick tock Time! Clocks make great stories. Follow up ideas as well.
15, The Clown who lost his Smile: A circus story with drama potential
16. Prize! Winning a prize is fun but what might you win it for?
17. Ant Adventure: A journey across a garden would be an adventure for an ant.
18. Pebbles can have Adventures Too! Fun with personification, a great favourite.
19. Robots: Robots are always popular, especially with boys.
20. Hubble Bubble: If you like magic potions, you will love this.
21. Presents: This story inspiration encourages letter writing.